Dr. Ian Hunt discusses digital issuance and how a tokenisation investment transaction model has the potential to change the industry dramatically with Limina’s Kristoffer Fürst and Joakim Saltin.
– The key benefits of tokenisation/digital issuance (such as speed, efficiency, simplification of processes, streamlining and elimination of unnecessary steps, delays and processes, democratisation, etc)
– Why it’s needed, in particular the every increasing complexity of processes and regulations
– How it’s working now and how it should work if fully embraced/implemented
– Current resistance to change (mainly certain intermediaries becoming obsolete)
– How it would change the investment landscape
– Perceived risks involved and barrier to this model being accepted
This is not just about digitisation for more efficiency, this is about fundamental change. And, as you’d imagine, when presenting a new model, there is resistance to change. But digital issuance is all about making investment easier, cheaper and more democratised.