The Good Guys Company founders, Christian, Charles and Oliver, discuss key asset management industry they’re seeing, plus as trends they expect and would like to see in the near future.
– Consolidation as a result of clients looking for an all-in-one, silver bullet provider that can speed up their time to market
– Modular solutions are proving to be more necessary but an all-in-one solution doesn’t solve all of a firm’s data problems
– More and more asset managers are asking how to prepare for crypto
– The importance of getting data architecture right and developing a data strategy that makes sense
– Increasing interest to tap into more pockets of alpha, which is putting pressure, on data, operations, portfolio construction, compliance, reporting etc.
– The increasing trend of outsourcing operations will force asset managers to differentiate themselves on the front side and in how they invest and generate alpha
– AI/ML is a trend we should be seeing more of but these have proven to be a lot more expensive and cumbersome than expected
People forget that they have to get the basics right before doing the next big thing. For example with data, which is alway a hot topic, nobody has a data strategy that actually makes sense, so make sure that the data you get is right before you get to analytics and things like AI and blockchain.